Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Altered Altoids Tin

What a cute challenge I found at Clear It Out Tuesday, to alter an item. Well one time I was in the U.S. I bought some Altoids and the tin has been sitting empty on my table for a while now. I decided it would make a cute embellishment box so I punched 6 pink and 3 purple 2 inch scallops, took my bone folder and broke down the fibers a bit then spritzed them with water and scrunched them up. When they were dry I layered them and put them on the tin that I had put some purple cs. and I used my leaf die from Cherry Lynn Designs. I attached some pearls to glitz it up a bit.
                                Altered item for Clear it out Tuesday
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a crafty day today.
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
Margaret Lee Runbeck

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh just tooo cute! Thanks for joining us at Clear IT Out

Lynn's Place said...

This is absolutely gorgeous...tfs...good luck with the challenge...

Darlene Gabriel said...

Barb, this is beautiful! Those flowers are so pretty and I love the pearl embellishments. I keep thinking I need to do something with my empty altoid tins - thanks for the inspiration.