Friday, September 9, 2011

Sew Sentimentally Embossed and a Tutorial

I did this card for a Stamp TV challenge last week and thought perhaps my readers might like to see it and the Decorative Label border template. I love my decorative label punch but sometimes you need a border around it…..well my demo Kristin showed us how to make a border and was nice enough to create a tutorial for me to post. The card is done with black and white, the white was embossed with a SU folder, (note to self….put names on the folders in marker) the ribbon is from my ever growing stash.
                     STV Sew Emobssed
The challenge was to use a sentiment as the focal point, to use dry or wet embossing and to sew either real or faux. I really like to use the feather stitch on my sewing machine.  Now on with the template it is very simple the green represents the punched image and the black is the border. I think it just finishes the sentiment beautifully.
                               Decorative Label layer template 001
Thanks for stopping by and I hope if you have the decorative label punch you will enjoy the tutorial for the border.
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
William James

2 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

Wow what a great Tutorial...and the card is fabulous...tfs all

Gail said...

tfs the tut barb..i love everything, the stitching is the perfect frame..tfs..loves ya