Monday, July 15, 2013

You Make a Lovely Couple Week Two

The Cheerful Stamp Pad’s challenge is on for another week, stop over to the Blog to check out how to enter and see what the other design team members have done to inspire you. The sponsor for this second week is Twisted Papers head over to Facebook and check out what they have to offer  My image I am using is from the site, I love the sepia and back & white images.
My inspiration for making my card came to me while “listening” to a PBS program on T.V. The program was about the photos the men carried during the Civil War, I am not sure of the size of them I thought perhaps 4 X 5 and some were framed in embossed gold frames and carried in tin boxes to protect them. Being at the cottage I hadn’t brought any gold paper with me so found a gold gift bag and used it. I always seem to be missing something no matter how much I bring with me.
IMG_1700
Supplies
Image….Twisted Papers
Cardstock….GP white , Early expresso,and a gold gift bag.
Embossing folder… flowers from a Cuttlebug Asian pack
Spelbinders…large and small oval
Thanks for stopping by today and come back again real soon.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Awesome Barb! Love the vintage look, the embossing folder really pops the image and how smart of you to use a gift bag!
Great work!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! This is fabulous Barbara! That vintage photo is perfect!

Lynn's Place said...

Great card... ya did good once again :) tfs