Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Challenge #139 at Shopping Our Stash…… Embellish Me…….

If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday blog post please just click HEREl  or scroll down to the next post.
Shopping our Stash has a real challenge for you it’s to make your own embellishments. Don’t forget to tell us what you made. I made a couple of things for my card. I had some flower sprays and took some of them apart to make my flowers and added the rhinestone in the center but the really nice part of it all is the hat pin with the bead on it which was a gift from a friend.
IMG_1961
As you can see it is a 50th anniversary card, I printed the sentiment on the computer and cut with the Floral ovals, layered in on the shiny gold cardstock (from my stash), embossed the white layer.
IMG_1962
Here is a close look at the hat pin embellishment, and flowers.
IMG_1963
The sentiment is computer generated and the gold braid was hanging out on my table saying use me please, so I did . I think it looks quite nice. I am so happy I have the card ready for the party, now as long as I don’t put it in that “safe” place and lose it.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have some crafty time set aside to join Shopping Our Stash for the Embellish me Challenge. Remember we want you to make your own embellishment.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is such an elegant card. Love the flowers and pin. I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Check out my blog for details when you get time.

lauren bergold said...

have to chuckle at the "safe place" mostly b/c i'm just relieved that other ppl have the experience of "safe" turning out to mean, "safe from me ever finding it again"!!! :0 in this case, i'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to lose b/c you will want to keep going back and looking at your lovely work, thus you'll remember right where it is at all times! <3

Chris Dring said...

And here I thought I was the only one who had a 'safe place'! LOL! Barbara, your card is golden gorgeousness! Your friends are gonna love your card! Well done!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh man, I have so many safe places it's not funny! This is so totally gorgeous - love those flowers & the pin nestles in there perfectly. And 50 years - that's a heck of a milestone!

Donna said...

My entire craft room is a safe place!! This is a perfect golden anniversary card! I love the repurposed flowers and hat pins always ad a certain bling factor!

Leslie Hanna said...

LOVE the flowers and the pin. And that gold braid was right: it needed to be used, and it's perfection!

Lynn's Place said...

What a beautiful card ...love the pin...the couple should love this sentiment and all...great job...tfs

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful, Barbara! And how sweet that you've personalized it. Your DIY embellishments are perfect!

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty and so elegant