Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Challenge #171 Sunshine on a Cloudy Day!!!


Looking for my Clear it Out post, scroll down (not as far as last week) and you will find it.
The challenge at Shopping Our Stash to use a sun or clouds on your project, it has been so nice here in SWO over the weekend we sure were not lacking in sunshine. I think August is here lol. I had so many ideas for the challenge but while clearing my desk I found a favourite image and I have probably used it many times for a masculine card. Here is what my take on the challenge was.
IMG_2349
I just love this stamp from Stampendous and I have had it for years, the cardstock is Night of Navy and the patterned part is one of my attempts at making a alcohol and re-inker background, the silver just didn’t appear very well but I loved the effect anyway and knew it would come in handy. Next is a close up of the background.
IMG_2351
So on my card I have a cloudy background and a beautiful cloud on my image, which was coloured with spectrum noir markers. The circles were cut with large spellbinders plain dies. The sentiment is a rub-on from a package I have had for three years.
IMG_2350
Since this is a thank you note card there is no sentiment but I added the light house in the corner and coloured it up too.
Thanks for spending some time here today and find some time to join in the fun at Shopping Our Stash, check out what the rest of the design team have done for the challenge, so many different ideas for the challenge.

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

SUPER background! A perfect cloudy sky.

Donna said...

Great job on the background Barb!!
Love your masculine cards and I adore that ship stamp!

Chana Malkah said...

So very pretty. The background is pretty and well executed. Very, very nice creation.
Hugz,
Chana

KT Fit Kitty said...

So pretty! I like that stamp! Nice cloud background you created! And what a great way to finish it off on the inside with the lighthouse.

Lynn's Place said...

That image is just fabulous...awesome job on the project...tfs

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, that background is BEYOND awesome! what a lovely card!!! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

This background is perfect! I love it when something that seems like a booboo at the time turns out to be just right for something else. I love that stamp too - and I'm glad you got to enjoy some last-minute August weather (we did too!)

Chris Dring said...

Your background is fabulous! That stamp goes perfectly with it! Love!

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful.
I love your handmade background paper, nicely done :)