Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Inspiration time at Shopping Our Stash!!!

Looking for my Clear it Out post? Please just scroll down and you will find it.
The team at Shopping Our Stash wants you to head to your bathroom your inspiration for this challenge is Your shower curtain, yes you heard me right…..YOUR shower curtain,  well if you don’t like yours then pick one you see on the blog that inspires you, all the design team members has pictures for you to view. I will post the section of mine I used and a spare picture of another part of the curtain wow it is a busy print.
IMG_2343
Here is my card and next is my shower curtain.
IMG_2337
As I said a very busy shower curtain. at the bottom there is a line of a song we sang in church, All things great and small it also has a strip of checkerboard which you see on the birdhouses and the cat’s collar.
IMG_2341
Last night I was having a meltdown when I couldn’t find a birdhouse stamp or digi so Lynn to the rescue, she found a site that had a whole whack of birdhouse images, thanks so much for the help Lynn.  The stamp set was one of my first sets from Stampin’ up  called purrfect and dated 2003. I coloured it up with copics and fussy cut the image so I could pop it up on the front of the card.
IMG_2342
This will be one of my generic cards as it could be used for many occasions so I have left the inside blank.  I added the mice with cheese to the inside and coloured them up as well.  Now lastly I will add the extra picture of my shower curtain and I don’t mind at all if you used it for inspiration just mention it on your blog who’s curtain you used.
IMG_2338
So many ideas with my shower curtain.
Thanks for visiting today and I hope you think this challenge is as much fun as all of us at SOS did.Head over to the blog and check out all the great shower curtains and cards the design team has provided for your inspiration.

9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love your card and love your shower curtain! The cats really caught my eye! Hope you are doing well, my friend.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, yes, your curtain is chock full of inspiration and you've used it so totally perfectly! very very COOL!!! :)

Leslie Hanna said...

This is fantastic, as is your shower curtain! So many possibilities. I remember that cat set, too. I think it's the coloring that kept me from using it. It's perfect here!!!

Lindsey said...

Your shower curtain really does provide a wealth of inspiration! (My shower has glass doors, not so much...) The card you were inspired to create is adorable.

Lynn's Place said...

Y a did a great job on your inspirational curtains...wet, wet, wet, good :)

Donna said...

Well clearly I didn't snoop around your house enough when I last visited! I had no idea you have a cool kitty shower curtain!
Great job on the challenge lady!
PS - I have been thinking of you and singing "I can see clearly now the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind. It's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright) sun shiney day...."
YA I know - be glad you can't actually HEAR my singing :D

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG, this is just brilliant, Barb! I LOVE it! Your card is just such a perfect take on that curtain - and it's adorable :)
And now Donna gave me an earworm too...yay for seeing!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness this is such a fun challenge!!!!
Your shower curtain is so cute, I love the folk art style.
You card is just so adorable. I have a thing for bird nests and bird houses.

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Barb! Hope all goes well with you! I love your project and the fabulous translation from your curtain to paper. Well done, teammie! Very well done, indeed.
Hugz,
Chana