Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Challenge #187 at Shopping Our Stash~~Getting Inky

Looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post, scroll down or click HERE.
Another week another challenge at Shopping Our Stash, this one is a lot of fun, all you have to do is use your OLDEST INK.  I have been crafting for a long time and my oldest ink is about 14 or 15 years old, actually there are two bought at the same time and because I bought them at the Butterfly Moon they get re-inked free when they need it.  Along with the versa color #57 old rose and #91 Gold I used some dollar store faux mulberry paper that’s about as old. Even the stamps I used are a couple of the earlier stamps I bought.
IMG_2656
I stamped the “three step tulips” on the thin paper and left them sit for several days to completely dry as the versa color ink is a pigment ink and would pick up the gold embossing powder when I embossed the Hero Arts butterfly. I made the gold layer to match the gold of the butterflies.
IMG_2654
As you see I grabbed a negative cut from a top note die cut and covered it with versamark and gold embossing powder. It was a trick I learned from taking a class at the Butterfly Moon.
IMG_2657
Close up of the paper and the butterflies
IMG_2658
Here is a picture of the versa color cubes
IMG_2659
Inside using the top note die cut for the sentiment
Thanks for visiting today and let see you dig in your stash and find that oldest ink (don’t forget to tell us what it is) and enter our Getting Inky challenge.

10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I remember those inks! I might even have a few somewhere. And I love the gold border you've made to match your butterflies.

I remember the days where people punched (pre-die-cutting) shapes from the centers of a panel, then used that panel as a layer. It wasted less card stock, and supposedly made the card lighter and easier to mail. I'm over that now, but every once in a while I find myself looking at scraps to see if one can be saved from the recycle bin.

lauren bergold said...

such a pretty card, i'm especially impressed that you stamped the tulip part several days BEFORE the gold butterfly part!!! (that sort of patience is UNHEARD OF in the laureniverse, lol!) love that the inside is equally lovely, as well! ♥

Lynn's Place said...

Absolutely beautiful...love the stamp set... tfs

fairyrocks said...

Lovely card work, way to rock the stash!! Sweet that you have a store that will reink for free. Keep smiling and creating

Donna said...

Lovely card Barb! I love the pretty soft colours and the butterfly!

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty with the tulips and the butterflies! Hmm, I have some remarkably old ink I still use... :D

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful card.
I love the softness of your stamped flowers.

Jessi Fogan said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the gold!

Chris Dring said...

Pink and gold - you make these colors look SOOOO good together! And hey! We have the same heat gun! LOL!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely beautiful, Barb! I love eveything about it - the colours, the stamps, fancy border, techniques - gorgeous! The inside is lovely too!