Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Challenge #195~~~No Foolin’

If you are looking for my Clear it Out post scroll down or click HERE.
The new challenge at  Shopping Our Stash is No Foolin’ so we want you to -- use a faux technique (faux stitching, faux silk, faux whatever)3
I decided to make a Faux Leather gift/money card wallet, we had made one years ago at a Stampin’up class, here is the tutorial I used for the basic measurements and technique but I decided to use the Bubbles cuttlebug folder and embossed the outside piece of cardstock then covered it with versamark watermark and clear embossing powder then heat set it.
IMG_2749
Here is the inside
IMG_2750
There are four pockets and it opens to put money in it instead of a gift card.
IMG_2751
Close up of the sentiment
Thanks for visiting today and check out what the rest of the design team have done for their Faux technique then add your project to the main blog.

9 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Barb, this looks sooooo awesome! It really does look like leather! Now I want to try this technique out! What a cool gift card holder!

Leslie Hanna said...

I keep seeing these all over the Interwebz, but I've never made one. It looks fabulous!

Chana Malkah said...

Wow, Barbara, this is so well done! It really looks like leather! Great job!
Hugz,
Chana

Donna said...

Oh my gosh it's been forever since I made one of those!! That embossing folder works so well for faux leather!! Fab job lady!!

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is excellent! Really does look like leather. Maybe I should enter... does faux talent count? :D

Tracy said...

This turned out awesome!!!
I made one of these for my dad years ago, but just heat embossed the raised part of the embossing folder.
Such a fun card!!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

This is fantastic! Such texture, I just want to pet it :)

lauren bergold said...

ok ♥WOW♥!!!!!!! best guy card/gift EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, missus, that is unbeatably awesome! i have to make one of those, tho i doubt it'll be a patch on yours! ♥♥♥

Lynn's Place said...

OMGosh love the texture maybe just worthy of a case for me....great job...tfs