Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Shopping Our Stash ~~ All Bent Out of Shape ~~ Make a Shaped Card

Looking for my Clear it Out Post? scroll down or click HERE.

Wow what a great challenge at Shopping Our Stash ~~ All Bent Out of Shape, all we want you to do is make a shaped card, this will get your brain and fingers moving. My brain was working as I rarely make shaped cards with the exception of "teepee" cards they are quick, easy and so cute but I wanted something different so here is what I made for the shaped challenge.


I made a chalkboard easel card, I used the Hardwood background stamp from Stampin'up and a
Big Day from 2015 Sale-a-Bration promotion (first time using it) 


Close up of the sentiments


This is the back of the chalkboard as you see I used all the stamps from the set. woohoo. Inks I used were White stazon, versafine sepia, memento tuxedo black, card stock Crumb Cake.

I would like to enter this in:

Thanks for visiting today, head over to the SOS blog check out the rules and see what the rest of the design team have "shaped" up for inspiration.





12 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is really cool, Barb! Love the woodgrain and also love the chalkboard! I hardly ever make a shaped card so I marvel when I see them!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, what a great way to combine the shaped card with the fab chalkboard products that are out there! pretty sure you're a genius, missus! ♥

Glittered Paws said...

I have always wanted to make an easel chalkboard card and have just not done it, but this is really nice. Thanks for joining us at HOC Challenge. HOC DT

Chana Malkah said...

Great job on the chalkboard card! I love easel cards and working with chalk, so you had me at chalkboard! Love It!
Hugz,
Chana

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Barbara and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog about my camper card.
Now, I've never made a chalk board card, I have some paper a friend gave me but I haven't use it at all. Your card is wonderful, love the woodgrain background and your easel style card, thank you for sharing.
Maria Rodriguez.

Donna said...

Fab job Barb! I totally thought that was wood grain paper!! Love the chalkboard!

Mynn xx said...

This is SO fun! I adore the patterned paper you used--and the large sentiment stamp is PERFECT! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tracy said...

Such a fun card!!
I too have the woodgrain background stamp from SU and only used it once.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Fab chalkboard card, Barbara. I love it. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month. I hope you'll join us again soon.

Hugs,
Em AKA Creative Em
House of Cards DT

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love this chalkboard easel!

Rosmarie said...

Yes, fabulous chalkboard! Love the woodgrain and the big sentiment stamp!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.
Rosi x

Unknown said...

Ohhh! It's very nice shaped card! Thanks for join with us in HOC! Paula, DT.