Saturday, March 5, 2016

G is for Gears (Steampunk) at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

March came in like a lion and I hope it goes out like a lamb. It give me hope that spring is just around the corner. With the weather out of the way it's on with the challenge, the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers wants you to get your steampunk on as it's G is for Gears.  I don't love steampunk, it scares me, but I dug in deep, surfed the web and pinterest and found something I though I could pull off. So here it is!!!



For this card I used Tim Holtz visual Artistry collection clear stamps (picked them up for $5) I used the penny farthing stamp from Feeling Sentimental a SAB set from a couple of years ago. I embossed a strip of copper cardstock with the gears embossing folder then dug out some metallic rub-ons I bought at least 6 or more years ago and never used. Blue, Purple and copper are the colours I used.
The cogs are punched with the Stampin'up punch (retired)


Check out the metallic rub-ons 


A simple vertical Happy Birthday (Artful Stamper) and a few cogs and the left over patterned paper.

I would like to enter this in:
NBUS challenge #6  I used the metallic rub-ons for the first time (bought at least 6 years ago)

Thanks for stopping by today I hope you will join us in the G is for Gears challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.



8 comments:

Donna said...

Lady, I know longer buy that you "cant" or "don't" do steampunk!! Everytime we do it, you rock it!! That bicycle stamp is perfect, I have that stamp and never thought to use it for a steampunk project!

Barbara Godden said...

Surfing pinterest works wonders sometimes, although not helping me much with Tuesday's challenge.

Lindsey said...

Hmm. You don't do steampunk, but you have a gears embossing folder AND a cog punch? I think you're selling yourself short! And the card is a vintage-y, steampunk masterpiece.

Tracy said...

Your card turned out great.
You may not care for steampunk, but your sure do it well.
I find steampunk interesting, but can totally understand how some aspects of it scares you, lol.

Chris Dring said...

Yep, me too, I fail to believe that you don't do steampunk well, because THIS card is all sorts of amazing!!!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

This card looks fab! I love that copper copper. Between you and Pinterest, you have got Steampunk covered!

Darnell said...

Those are incredible metallic rub-ons, Barbara! They sure worked beautifully for this card after waiting all those years!! And I'm always gobsmacked by how completely you design the insides of your cards to be as stunning as the outside! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6 two times!! I also love the happy snowman card you created!! Hugs, Darnell

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely love this, the metallic rub ons on the embossed strip look wonderful
Jane