Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #246 ~~ April Fools

Looking for my Clear it Out post? scroll down or click HERE.

I love how the design team comes up with really good challenges, at least they seem to challenge me this one is no exception, Shopping Our Stash presents April Fools which means use a FAUX Technique. I decided to try my hand at a new technique and if it failed I would go to an old favourite, Faux Silk. There are a lot of Faux techniques at Splitcoast stampers and you can always google or head to pinterest, make sure you tell us what your technique is to save us brain power trying to figure it out. Well my new faux technique worked out and it is Faux Silk Flowers. I based my card on this tutorial I found at Our Daily Bread I loved her card and I had some of the same dies as she used.


I used Cheery Lynn Designs "fanciful Flourish" and Exotic Butterflies 2 and I even have a Xyron Sticker Maker the embossing folder I  used is Textile from cuttlebug.


Close up of the prima flowers flattened


Finished inside with an old Hero Arts sentiment.

Head over to the main blog at Shopping Our Stash to check out what Faux Techniques the rest of the design team have chosen, then get on your thinking cap and show us what Faux Technique is your favourite.

I would like to enter this in:
Robyn's Fetish Challenge #310 Hand made flowers (Faux pressed flowers)

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful week.
. 

5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

hehehe... i hit splitcoast, for faux ideas (& a tutorial!) as well... it's a great resource! you've done brilliantly here with the faux pressed flowers, they're awesome! ♥♥♥

Donna said...

Ohhhh Barb your pressed flowers are gorgeous!!
I am with you and Lauren, I head to Pinterest for ideas and Splitcoast for tutorials :)
Fab job on the challenge!! ♥♥

Tracy said...

Your card is stunning!!
I love all of the textures with all of the embossing.

Laurence said...

Lovely card with your pressed flowers. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
Laurence DT

Sybrina K said...

Barbara, What a lovely card, and I'd say you rocked the faux silk flower technique! Thanks so much for the kind words you left when you visited my blog. :)