Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Challenge #274 at Shopping Our Stash is ~~~ Hey Ghoulfriend

What a great title for a challenge ~~ thank you, Chris!!! The crew at  Shopping Our Stash  would like to you make a Halloween card or project.

Halloween is not as huge a celebration as it is in the U.S. so I don't make a lot of Halloween cards, but if there are challenges to be done then send them off to who ever I think would like a surprise. I had a lot of fun making this card and "shhh it's for my great-grandson". I bought a Pop up Die I think about 1 1/2 years or longer and had never taken it out of the package, it looked like a lot of work but surprise, surprise it wasn't as hard as it looked.



I had printed this super cute image from Bugaboo Stamps quite a while ago and had it all layered on gold and black ready to go. I added some colour to the windows, lights and eyes then using some chalks I did the background in pink and yellow for an eerie sky.  I punched the fence and popped it up and added the black cat that I found in that "parts box" The background paper is from Bo Bunny also a couple of years old.


Tada!! the pop up part of the card, The sentiments are computer generated and the bats are from an EK bat punch I found at Dollarama and I attached them with thin strips of acetate. The paper is from a 12 X 12 pad I bought 2 maybe 3 years ago at Winners.


Close up of the pop up part of the card and of course the super cute bats.

I would like to enter this in:
Cardz for Guys ~~ challenge 142 Boo Halloween or a Thank you card.

The Male Room ~~ #46 Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by today and were you surprised it's not a Christmas card? Have a fabulous day!!
Head over to the main blog check out the rules and see what ghoulish creations the rest of the team has made.

9 comments:

lauren bergold said...

YOWZA, missus!!! awesome card AND a pop up, you are rockin' all the areas of expertise! <3

Chris Dring said...

THIS IS AMAZING, BARB!! I LOVE this card, and so will your great-grandson! The image is awesome, and the pop up element gives this an even bigger wow factor!!

Lindsey said...

This is so awesome! Wow!!!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

How fun is this!! I love the pop up element but the outside of the card is just as spectacular!!

Mimi said...

Well done! I am loving all your details, but especially those bats inside!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Barbara, I love seeing silhouette haunted houses, they look even more frightful. This one, with all the spooky critters flying and crawling around, is just awesome but I don't think I would go trick or treating there, not even for butterfingers peanut butter bars.
Awesome job!!
Hugs,
Maria.

Jane Willis said...

Really fab card both inside and out - that pop out inside is stunning! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Joan said...

Fabulous card, love the spooky house and the inside pop up bats are great
thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant work on this card - the insided is as fab as the outside. Love the images. Thanks so much for playing along with our Halloween challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.