Saturday, May 5, 2018

It's time for Drumroll please ~~ #109 E is for Engineering challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

Happy Saturday!! ah finally the weekend!!! I hope you will find some time to check out the New challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers E is for Engineering in layman's terms Steampunk!! This challenge hits my panic button, the rest of the design team are so good at it and I struggle.  On my occasional rummage through my 12 X 12 papers I found not one but 2 pieces of glitter paper from Forever in Time (dollar store 2/$1.00) and it had 5 artist trading card size images on it, wow score one for me.  Here is what I did with them. (not quite as much stress this year)


Here is a grouping of the finished ATCs.

In no particular order since I couldn't remember how they were placed.


the first one I just added a metal clock that I've had for a long time in my box of trinkets and when I was tidying up a pile I found those alpha stickers, oh my they are so old and half used I was afraid they wouldn't stick but they did, unfortuately all the "Ms" in lower case letters was totally used up so I used upside down "W"s. If I had had more Ms or Ws I would have done My Time oh well I'm happy anyway.


The second one I alter with a couple of gears and that feather out of my trinket box, and the diamond brads are a retired pack from SU.


If I'm not mistaken the N in steampunk is an upside down U but the M is real. For this ATC I just added a couple of brads and stamped some arrows (not well though, how can I miss with a clear block and a clear stamp?


This was was very simple, I cut the gears from some leftover copper added the brad and the little arrows are from the spokes on the one gear (they were two cute not to use them) I also used a Tim Holtz flower stencil and worn lipstick DO ink. (it's very subtle)


Last but not least is my fav. the steampunk image I found on the internet did a funky die cut on it added some ancient key/padlock I have them in three colours  it was always my thoughts they wouldn't have them long at the $$store. I also used one of TH mini layering stencils and walnut stain distress oxide inks.

There you have my once a year Steampunk offering for the E is for Engineering challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, check out the main blog and see the awesome projects the rest of the design team have made. 

Thanks for visiting and have an awesome weekend.


5 comments:

Jane Willis said...

I can't believe you struggle with steampunk now I've seen these stunners! Not one but FIVE gorgeous little works of art.

Toni said...

I agree with Jane! No struggle apparent here!

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are beautiful, Barb! I think you've got the steampunk theme down and no longer need to stress about it! You had lots of goodies in your stash that worked perfectly! Well done on this set of ATCs!

Lindsey said...

You are so funny, sometimes, Barbara! You panic about steampunk and yet every year you make something terrific. These ATCs are awesome! And look at all that steampunk stuff in your stash!

Crafting Queen said...

Love your ATCs , great work.