Saturday, June 22, 2013

It’s Saturday!!! And a new Drunken Stampers challenge

DS133
This is my last official challenge for my term at The Drunken Stampers but the good news is Spike is not tired of me yet and I can stay on for another term wahoo!!! Although I have not seen many of the movies it has been a blast. This challenge is Edward Scissorhands with the alternate theme of Sewing. Hop over to the challenge blog HERE to get all the rules on entering.
I went with the sewing theme and I used a sketch from Deconstructing Jen I love her sketches and have used them in the past too.
IMG_1683
I used my favourite stamps……house mouse, I coloured with prisma pencils and oms, used large rectangles and I even dragged out my sewing machine to plain stitch the image to the scalloped rectangle. the disp I sewed to night of navy cardstock with the feather stitch, just love that one on a card. Added blue brads and some white ribbon and bow. ||the image was elevated with pop dots.
Thanks for having a peek at my blog today, come back any time and don’t forget to play along with the  challenge at The Drunken Stampers.

3 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

OMG just love it so so cute...tfs

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, the feather stitch is perfect! I LOVE it, Barb :) So glad we're going to keep on playing together!

Donna said...

You are a house mouse rock star!!!
Great card for this challenge Barb!
I am soooo glad you are staying on for another term with Drunken Stampers!!