Saturday, August 8, 2015

U is for Ugly ~~ Ugly Paper that is


I don't know where our leader get's all these ideas from but this one is a doozy, Dig out the ugliest paper you have in your stash and make us at card for the Challenge at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  I must admit I was very challenged with this one as my planning didn't include ugly paper or anything that matched, I must get better at packing for the challenges I plan on creating while at our cottage.  I am very pleased I did manage to get a week ahead on most of them.


You know that paper looks much uglier IRL, what ticked me was I have a stamp at home that would match the paper,  I used an old Hero Arts Stamp and the sketch from Stella Says Sketch,.


Here is a closer look at the paper and my newest project ~~ making the candy dots. I bought a toaster oven at a yard sale a few years ago to do crafts with but until today it was the first time I used it. Since I was at the cottage I put it outside on a tall table hubby made (perfect height) right in front of the electrical outlet that way I didn't stink up the cottage as the plastic melted.


Simple Thinking of You on the inside

Challenges I am entering this in:









6 comments:

Donna said...

Fab card Barb!! You made those candy buttons in a toaster oven????? You are a crafty rockstar my friend!! Those are awesome!!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

That is so cool making those in the toaster oven. The card is great.

Lindsey said...

You managed to make your ugly paper look good! This is a great card. Love the DIY candy dots, too!

Lindsey said...

P.S. We have a leader??? :D

Cynthia said...

I think your "ugly" paper turned into a fab card, Barbara! Great take on Stella Says Sketch as well. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug!

Lillian A said...

Cute flowers and butterflies added to your card. Thank you for your entry into the sketch challenge at Catch The Bug.