Monday, April 18, 2016

Jingle Belles rock the Mojo Monday Sketch

Keeping up with my desire not to be scrambling in November I've made another card for Jingle Belles rock challenge blog. Since this is Monday I saw the new Mojo Monday sketch this morning and deamed it perfect for what I had planned.  The current challenge at Jingle Belles is Peace on Earth Day which is to use something recycled or upcycled, I will show you my card first then explain.



I love my Impression Obsession trees and deer dies and really wanted to use my newest die set from Elizabeth Crafts Designs the stitched ovals. Now on to my recycle item......


I had fun picking up some wallpaper and paint samples and this green sample just seemed to be perfect to cut trees. although it looks brown in the picture it is a forest green and very easy to cut so this is my recycle item I used.


Here is a close up and it does show the trees a better green colour


Finished inside

Challenges I would like to enter:

Jingle Belles Rock Peace on Earth (Day) Wallpaper sample.



Well that's it for today check back tomorrow and have a fabulous day!!!



5 comments:

KatheD said...

great combination, Barb, and you're absolutely right about that sample, it made perfect trees!

Lindsey said...

Great use of the sketch, and your sample makes for perfect upscaled trees!

Tracy said...

Such a peaceful card :)
Love the dies and how you used the wallpaper samples for the trees :)

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that wallpaper is PERFECT for diecutting trees! why have i never thought of using wallpaper swatches? pretty sure you are a GENIUS missus... you've definitely inspired me with this one! (great job on the upcycling, as well!!! sorry, i probably should've mentioned that sooner, lol!) thanks for joining our celebration of earth day once again at JINGLE BELLES! ♥ (i'm chuckling slightly b/c i seem to recall your saying you'd be sitting this fortnight out since you had NOTHING fab to use... hmmmmmmm... :) :) :) :) :)

SmilynStef said...

Wallpaper samples ... what a clever recycle ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.