Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Shopping Our Stash is going Heartless this Week!!!

Happy Valentine's Day are you ready? 60 years ago on Valentine's day Hubby and I had our first date,  we were just teens, so Valentine's day is special for us and we still have a "date" on that day.  My card was made for him but it's heartless. Shopping Our Stash wants you to make a Romantic project without using Hearts, you might think easy, just wait lol


I used a stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, an on-line store which is Canadian, in fact not too far from where I live. The set was just rubber and I finally mounted it on cling mount foam just so I could finally use it. The sentiment is part of the set.


More things from my stash I received a prize of a bag of paper flowers, I'm not sure if I will ever use them all up, the red star (thought it was a flower) is also ancient stash.


Everyone need sparkly blue eyeshadow, blue spica glitter pen was used on her eyes.


Simple sentiment on the inside.

Thanks for visiting me today and let's see your Heartless Romantic projects on our main Blog. While there check out what the rest of the design team have made.

11 comments:

Mimi said...

Congrats on 60 years! AWESOME! Have a special date... I bet you guys have had some memorable V-days in 60 years! Super cute card and great coloring... way to use those paper flowers... I have a stash I need to use, too. Thanks for the inspiring push...

Mimi said...

Wait... I want to say I love that floral background pape too!

lauren bergold said...

hehehe... the "heartless" thing is DEFINITELY harder than one thinks. they totally kept trying to sneak into my card... you've done BRILLIANTLY tho, b/c as always you have the PERFECT image and the ability to color it soooo gorgeously! <3

Donna said...

I love that you and Mr. H had your first date on Valentine's Day!
Love the image and of course your colouring!
And of course her awesome BLUE eye shadow!

Chris Dring said...

Happy First Date Anniversary to you both! What a fabulous card to give to Hubby! Love the image and how you colored her (shimmery blue eye shadow!), and that background paper is gorgeous!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Happy date anniversary!!! Such a cute card!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Barbara, what a sassy and fabulous image here!!! love this Kraftin Kimmie gals, they are fun and adorable.
I bet your hubby got a kick out of this card, how awesome your Date-niversary is precisely on Valentine's Day, so sweet and romantic.
Hugs,
Maria.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Woohoo, Barb! Congrats on 60 years! That's awesome! Sounds like you've got a good fella there! I wish you many more years of happiness together! Your card is beautiful - you did a great job on a romantic card without using hearts - that's tough! I hope you enjoyed your date!

Lindsey said...

That's a very romantic tale! Such a great card, too. You're right, it's hard not to use at least a little heart or several when making making a romantic card, even just for embellishment. Of course, you just made it look easy!

Ina G said...

She's 'Darling' Super image beautifully coloured. Love the layout - so colourful and of course that 'blue' eye shadow is the best.

Chana Malkah said...

I am always impressed with how clean your work is! The image is o nicely colored and the composition is perfect! Nicely done!
Hugz
Chana