Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Butterflies, Bees, Dragonflies, Ants What do they have in Common?

It's the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash!!! Challenge #313 is all about bugs we want you to use any insect/bug on your project that you want to. I love butterflies so that is what I wanted to use and in a very different (for me) colour. So here is what I made.


I used an unbranded butterfly die and the sketch from Cheerful Sketches.
The white enamel dots are from the Eyelet Outlet Store. 
I started out to make a  5  1/4 square card but as I was placing the oval on the finished card I realized the opening was in the wrong place and the sketch didn't work that way, so I cut the card at the fold and placed it on the 5 1/2 square base.  That shows I shouldn't be watching a good mystery movie while I put my card together. 


Close up of the die-cut.

I didn't put a sentiment or finish the inside as this is one of those "generic" cards to finish as it is needed.

I will be entering this in:

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to check out the Main Blog and see what the rest of the design team have made.

Have a creative day!!

5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous die, and you've used it SOOOOOOOOO awesomely! great take on the sketch, as well, missus!

Donna said...

Fab take on the sketch sistah and that die is sooooo pretty!!!

Tracy said...

I love this die cut it is gorgeous.
You card is stunning, this would be a different colour for me to use as well, but sometimes those are my favourite cards when completed.

Andrea W said...

Lovely die cut butterflies and I really like the orange, different is good.

Margreet said...

What a beautiful die!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet