Tuesday, July 11, 2017

CAS is for Simplicity Day

Wow not only do we shop our stash we have to make it simple. Most of my friends and family know I do NOT make "clean and simple cards" I'm a pile it on kinda gal.  But for Mimi's challenge at Shopping Our Stash I made a ...... wait for it......a ONE LAYER CARD!!!  Please check out the main blog for an explanation of the challenge as Mimi has a much better one than I can give you. Here is my design team card for the challenge.


I can't believe I actually made a one layer card. First I taped the card with washi tape to have a white border, using a makup brush and a Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze ink pad (shesh probably 8 years old and never been used) I layered the background. In keeping with the frugal consumption I made my own shimmer spray with perfect pearls (probably had them for 10 years) and water in a mini spray bottle, I then spritzed the background. The stamps I used are from a retired Stampin'up set called Upsy Daisy,.


I hope you can see the fabulous sparkly paper.

Before I sign off I hope you noticed the fabulous watermarks Lee made for me I just love it in Black or in white.  Lee is the fabulous creator of Edna at the Sisterhood of Snarky stampers. 

Well friends and family that's all until next week. Please check out the rules, the write-up of the challenge as well as what the rest of the design team made for the challenge. 






4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

AHA! i was going to ask how you got the super crisp, super clean white border! washi tape to the rescue, lol! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this gorgeous 1-layer masterpiece! <3

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a stunning night sky!! love the sparkle that is so definitely visible. The white frame is so perfect I too was wondering how it was done.
Love the flower silhouette on this peaceful scene.
I did noticed the water mark, so very sweet!!
Awesome card, teammie.
Hugs,
Maria.

Lindsey said...

Nicely done! I love my homemade perfect pearls mist, and it looks great here! Beautiful one-layer. Now this is a challenge I should be able to enter...

Donna said...

Yes, yes yes!!!!
Upsy Daisy is one of my all time fave stamp sets from SU!!
Love how you've used it here! Fab job sistah
xxooxx