Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Wood is Good.......

Shopping Our Stash challenge #317....Wood is Good ~~ use wood or woodgrain on your project. Seems a rather easy peasy challenge this time. I have a wood panel background stamp that hasn't seen ink in a while so I was happy to get it inked up. The challenge is timely since I'm really low on cards for men.


I inked the background stamp with versafine sepia and stamped it on crumb cake layered it on some ancient shiny paper then on an Espresso base.  My bluenose stamp is one of my very first stamps and is a PSX dated 1999. I love making the rickrack looking frame for this stamp. There are pictures below how it is done.  I have taken a hint from Jennifer Maguire  to use fun foam on the back of my images I want to raise it makes them much more stable to mail. Check out Saturday's post for pictures.


This shows the elevation you can get with using fun foam to elevate the image. You can see the picture tutorial HERE. on Saturday's blog post.



I finished the inside to match the front and used a favourite Penny Black sentiment.

Here is the picture of how the frame was made.

I use a spellbinders scalloped circle and a spellbinders inverted scallop circle for the frame. I then turn it over and dry emboss the frame with a rubber mat and the plates.



Thanks for visiting today and we would love to see your wood themed project. Remember to check out the "wood" projects the rest of the design team have made.

6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

you know, i was going to ask how you made that cool frame b/c i was pretty sure you'd used A Clever Trick and you did!!!!!! meanwhile, i love every single thing about this beautiful card! <3

Lindsey said...

Barb, you had everything you needed in one place to make this gorgeous card!
What do you use to adhere your fun foam? I use double-sided tape from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, it seems to hold well. Just curious...

Mimi said...

Terrific masculine card! Totally cool frame-- you clever cookie! Now that you said ric-rac, it makes me think of using this type of frame with baby cards! It really looks like ric-rac with the texture!

Mimi said...

I love that tape!

Tracy said...

Such a lovely card.
I love how you used 2 dies to make your frame....such a Great idea!!!

Tracy said...

Such a lovely card.
I love how you used 2 dies to make your frame....such a Great idea!!!