Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Challenge #329 at Shopping Our Stash is ~~ Transportation!!!

At Shopping Our Stash we want to see what you would travel in....lots of ideas...trucks, cars, boats, planes, balloon well you get the idea. I decided to go with something older than me ....a bi-plane. I needed a masculine get well card, if you think a birthday card is hard try making a get well card.


I used Scrap and Stamp with Frenchie's tutorial for the fold, very interesting and very easy to do. the background paper is old and it's the first time I've used the bi-plane image and I've had it for eons. i used a circle of velum for the propeller and  a brad from my stash. 


The card when it's open. (the recipient loved it)

Stash items are:
Patterned paper ~~ Stampin'up (3 or 4 years old)
Stamp set ~~ Stampin'up  1/12 to 2 years old
scrap of velum who knows how old lol.

Thanks for joining me today and please stop by the SOS Blog and check out the different types of Transportation the rest of the Design Team have made.




4 comments:

Mimi said...

Cool card, Barbara! OMG- that card style is so neat! And I think you are just a genius to use vellum and a brad on that plane-- perfect!

Donna said...

Something older than you??? Pffffffffttttt you are so funny!
Your card is awesome and so are you!
xxooxx

Lindsey said...

The fancy fold works so well for this card with its plane! Love the design. I think masculine get well cards might be almost as hard as masculine sympathy cards... that's my toughest one.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh yes, oh yes, that fancy fold showcases the plane beautifully. The detail of using vellum for the propeller and a brad is brilliant, love the map in the background, fabulous card.
And yes, masculine cards are hard to make but, a masculine/get well card.....very challenging.
Awesome job!!
Maria.